Monday, July 6, 2009

Unfelt Confessions

GUILT: 1: the fact of having committed a breach of conduct especially violating law and involving a penalty ; broadly : guilty conduct 2 a: the state of one who has committed an offense especially consciously b: feelings of culpability especially for imagined offenses or from a sense of inadequacy 3: a feeling of culpability for offenses.

This isn't an easy feeling, we all know that. But why do I feel like a stone wall? Where are my tears? WHY DON'T I FEEL ANYTHING?? There is no answer--just a shower of guilt for not feeling guilty.
I look at myself in the mirror and think, "Really?? NOTHING?" Yes, nothing. Nothing is my answer. It's not a lot to go off of.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY you are back!!! I wish I knew what you were talking about... I am so DAMN NOSEY!!! I do things and don't feel guilty either {sometimes, or I feel REALLY GUILTY.} Why were we raised to feel guilty about things that aren't that bad though, sometimes.

Landon said...

I'm so glad you're back to posting again!!

Wanna hear something ironic? Sometimes I feel guilting for not feeling guilty about things that I think I should feel guilty about. Does that make sense? And then I feel guilty about the STUPIDEST things.

And then there are times when I just don't feel anything.

I hate both - the guilt and the non feeling.

You're not alone. Does that help?