Friday, October 31, 2008

The Story of my Wedding Dress

Last night while talking to some friends, I discovered that every girl has a story about her wedding dress. What she wanted, how she found it, etc. So here's my story:

I was about 4 months pregnant and SO SICK and Ali and I went to Decades in SLC. (It is a really awesome vintage clothing store.) We got Jamba Juice on our way there, and I remember pulling over to the side of the road and throwing up green Jamba into the snow.

Once we got there, we took our time looking around. Not surprisingly, I got really sick again. And this time, the only place to throw up into was a hat from the 40's. After taking care of the situation, I had the energy to try on a few dresses.

Then I found it. The perfect dress. It was from the 50's, lace, with a thin pink bow and an empire waist (perfect for a pudgy belly). I love this dress soooo much! I wish I had a better picture of it full-length, but these were the best I could find. Oh yeah...the dress only cost $21!! I think I'd win any cheapest-wedding-dress-ever contest.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your dress is so pretty and how awesome that it was vintage and a good price! You are super bargain woman!!!

B and J said...

You guys look HOT. I'm proud to call you family