Tuesday, December 9, 2008

What Christmas is All About


We all hear the same speeches year after year about baby Jesus and Christmas. But no one, no matter how orthodox they claim to be, spends the whole month of December excited about baby Jesus!! We all have to hear the "Let's remember the true meaning of Christmas this year" speech every year, but it still doesn't make a difference.

So America, here is what Christmas is really all about:

1. Shopping - Sales, Extended hours, Credit cards, and Malls.

2. Food - Chocolate, Odd Cakes, Absolutely useless bundts, Peppermint, and Meat.

3. Ugly Sweaters - Thank goodness we all know a few people who keep this tradition alive.

4. Trees - Cut one down just to put it in your house. Awesome!

So I urge you...this year, let's forget all about baby Jesus and focus on the good stuff.

1 comment:

Christine Segura said...

Rachel you are so funny! I must be one exceptional person because I so enjoy thinking about Mary and Joseph going to the inn and finding no room. Every time I am pregnant I think of Mary having the baby in basically a cave with animals in it. Because we went to Jerusalem I can picture those places in my mind and it makes me so happy all December long. I hate going to the mall to buy my kids things they don't need. I do enjoy the food though!:) Just another point of view I guess! Love ya